Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kings and Queens

More trees :)








Here's one of our new ones. It is called a Japanese Crimson King Maple. It's really tall, but is supposed to bush out a little more. We really liked the color and that it's a little more mature.








To go with him, we found out this one is called a Japanese Crimson Queen Maple.











Another picture of the Crimson King.








We got some new dark leaf hard maples for our park strip. The two are pretty much identical.





Previously, I was determined to have no evergreens whatsoever because they only remind me of winter. Winter reminds me of being cold and that's just no good. When I saw this little guy, however, I had to have it! I can't remember the name of it though. It's like a palmy pine and I think "Ebeneezer" is somewhere in the name. It's pretty cool though. The needles are considerably soft :)

Remember the new shoots on my squash? Here's an up close picture.






My transplanted cantaloupe is growing like crazy!

Here's one of the dinky little maples our renters planted. I think its growth has been stunted. It was planted in sandy soil. Hopefully it'll take off a little better here with more quality soil.







Here's the other little dinky tree from our renters. It's a Quaky (sp?). It's looking a little shocked right now from being transplanted but we've got our drip line going now so hopefully it'll come back.



3 comments:

Bree said...

I love the little Ebineezer! Looks very nice! Did you see William's Russia garden pictures? :)

Kerstin and Jed said...

Amy! Your yard is looking so good! We need to come over and see all the new trees!

Kerstin and Jed said...

You need to post again Amy! I want to see all your Lake Powell Pictures! And we need to see the updated yard! :)